Google Translate Dictionary No Longer Auto Populates

I noticed this starting yesterday. When I click the Google Translate button in the dictionary list on a word in lingq, it used to pop up with the english translation. Now it wakes up with an empty translation window.

I suspect something may have changed on the google side, because I can briefly see a URL when I click it that looks like Lingq sends the word to be translated, before it redirects to the empty language translation screen.

I’m studying Finnish if that’s relevant to reproducing the issue.

3 Likes

Thank you, we will look into this.

3 Likes

This has also been a problem with Glosbe I think, might be wrong

2 Likes

I am having the same problem with Google Translate. I have to manually copy and paste the word into google translate.

1 Like

It is becoming unbearable to continue studying while google translate won’t auto populate. I am using firefox. Is it just a firefox browser issue or is it with the rest of the browsers? It auto populates for two or three translations and then it stops working. I have to restart the browser and login again.

2 Likes

Same here, tried with both versions of Firefox (standard and developer). It still works in Chrome, so it could be a browser issue.

3 Likes

Ah, good point. I’m using Firefox as well.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out. We are looking into it.

1 Like

Hi there,
is there an update on this?
Thanks

1 Like

Our developers are still working on it. We will let you know as soon as it’s fixed.

1 Like