For those english speakers learning Japanese, Here's some basic grammar I have gathered from various sites that has helped me greatly that I'd like to share. You can call it a summary to Japanese grammer :)

JAPANESE SENTENCE STRUCTURE:
[Subject] [Adjuncts] [Objects] [Verb]
The Japanese arrange things in order from biggest to smallest and from least important to most important. They use shorter words or suffixes called “particles” that follow a noun, verb, or adjective to indicate it’s function or meaning. A sentence only needs a verb to be complete. A typical Modern Japanese sentence will comprise of Kanji (characters originating from China), and Kana ((Hiragana - Japanese characters representing every Syllable in the Japanese Language)(Katakana - Used for foreign words, names, animals or foods. Also used in the same way the English “italics” are used.))
If you have ever watched the movie “Star Wars” the Japanese sentence structure is kinda similar to the way “Yoda” speaks xD http://thinkexist.com/quotes/yoda/

VERBS:
Classifying Verbs:
There are 3 categories to verbs; Ru-verbs, U-verbs and exception verbs (する-くる).
All Ru-verbs end in る. Although U-verbs can also end in a る. So, if a verb does not end with a る then it is defiantly a U-verb! Easy.
For る verbs, if the vowel sound in front of る is an (a,u or o) it will be a U-verb. If the vowel sound is an (i or e) it will be a Ru-Verb … most of the time… “sigh”.

Conjugating Verbs: 

I have way too many notes on this subject to put in one paragraph xD So I’ll leave you with a cool site to automatically conjugate verbs for you :smiley:

PARTICLES:
The は particle. Pronounced as “wa” and marks the main topic of the conversation or it marks contrast.

The が particle. This particle marks the subject of the sentence. It can be used to add emphasize as well. If the subject of a sentence is unknown you would use が.

The の particle. This particle shows possession and can be best described to English speakers as an ( 's) (e.g. John's book). There are still other uses for の. 

The を particle. Pronounced as "o or wo" and marks the direct object of a sentence. Verbs with motion or departure, (walk, run, leave, go out) use を. Same for your occupation status, ( doctor, lawyer, teacher ect.)

The に particle. This particle shows location (in-at) and direction of motion(to - at). 

The も particle. This is an inclusive particle and would probably be same as "also" in English.

The か particle. This particle is used to ask a question at the end of a sentence.

The よ particle. This particle is used to emphasize the sentence at the end of a sentence like an "!" mark would in English.

There are more particles but this just about covers the basic ones.

I hope this information has been helpful, if there is any errors or false information here please reply with the corrections. Or if you want to add something, go ahead. :slight_smile: