Flashcards

Mark, I use flashcards for phrases as well as for whole sentences:

Do you want (need) a receipt? >> “Do you want”
Möchten Sie eine Rechnung? (Benötigen Sie eine Rechnung?) >> “Möchten Sie eine Rechnung”

but the problem is that if I put there the first sentence, it saves only “Do you want”. If I write sentence “Do you want a receipt?”, it saves only “Do you want a receipt”, without the question mark. It is not possible to save brackets, question marks, points, is it…

On the other hand, I know that flashcards are created in order to work with texts for saving either words or phrases. However, I would be happy if it works well. I work with the whole sentences, as I mentioned before.
Jarda

We’re offering 20% discount on…(for instance: all computers).
Wir haben eine Preisermäßigung von 20%.

the result >> “We’re offering 20”

Hi Jarda

I’m afraId you won’t be able to save any type of punctuation. It will be removed from the LingQed term and will cause the problems you are having. This had to be done for a pArticular reason.

mark: ok, thank you for your answer.

In arabic some letters (short vowels, the sign of letter doubling) are written above or underneath the line. It looks like this: كَيفَ حَدَثَ أنَّ النَجَار
The first word “كيف” has short ‘a’ sign above the first and the last letters (‘ك’, ‘ف’), that are not recognised by LingQ as a letters. So, when I try to create a lingq “كَيفَ”, it becomes “ك”. Well, as in original arabic texts these signs are not written, it is not a problem that you can’t create lingq with these signs from the lesson page. On the other hand, it would be helpful if you have an opportunity to create lingqs with these signs on the vocabulary page. Or by editing lingq.

P.S. It is just information, I don’t complain at all :slight_smile: