Finishing lessons moving all blue words to known is bad

Finishing lessons moving all blue words to known is ruining the way i am using lingq. I accidentally finished a lesson and had 300-500 words move from unknown to known. this has to be fixed. there is no good way around this for users the way it works now.

this made me lose all interest in continuing to use lingq. i now have to sit and individually change each word in the lesson and even then it doesnt get the words back to blue so it’s all F**** for me as i struggle a lot mentally with this kinda stuff

1 Like

It’s how LingQ works, if you know the word you just pass it, if you don’t you create a LingQ. Still you can deactivate that on Settings > App settings > Reader > General. “Struggle a lot mentally”? Come on now, it’s not that big of a deal, I’d not even bother remarking the words, just wait until they come by again. If they don’t then they didn’t matter in the first place.

1 Like

“it’s how lingq works” yes and i think it doesn’t work so well which is why i am writing about it.
why is there so many people here defending the design of the website so much when a lot of people have issues with the same things. it’s all just always responded to the same way with “it’s just how it works”, “it’s you doing it wrong”, “why would you do something like that” or as you said about my personal struggles “it’s not that big of a deal”

2 Likes

Because most people ended up here due to their interest in how the platform works.

1 Like

No one is saying that you are wrong, but people like me who have been on the platform for quite a few years know that despite the fact it is an issue for some users, the team has said over and over again that it is intended to work this way, and that they won’t do anything about it.

What they could do to alleviate the issue is have the “paging moves to known” disabled by default and get a complete lesson button on the web version to replace the checkmark that is too often mistaken for a next arrow. But that’s probably all you can expect on that front.

1 Like

I also think it’s a terrible default, and don’t find the behavior useful at all for my learning process and workflow.

Being that it’s the intended default behavior, and reading before, as just mentioned, that there’s no intention of changing it, I’ve offered a proposal for a small change to the UX to make the app more accessible to new users without disrupting those who prefer the default flow. Check it out, and maybe give it a vote if you also think it’d help.

1 Like

i’ve seen that the team says it’s intended to work like that, but i still want to voice my opinion about the design. maybe one day they will change it or best of all, add an option to where you can choose if finishing lessons will move blue words to known or not.
the ideas you come with at the end there too would be great too and i’ve seen other people asking for it.
I wish the team would listen more to users to improve their UX instead of just saying that it’s working as intended, because as intended is just not that great for a bunch of people and use cases

On the “no’one is saying you’re wrong” part, i’ve seen people in the comments here asking things like “why would you do that”, etc, which feels like being told you’re doing something wrong

2 Likes