Downgrading function doesn't work - are you serious?

The downgrading function doesn’t work. I don’t really want to waste my time commenting on that or on any other things for too long, but I just hope you realize what kind of a message this sends to your potential customers (and those who maybe would come back after taking a break, but, well).

Anyways, I tried downgrading my account 3 or 4 times, and every time I got to what I think was the last screen and clicked on “Delete My Data” button it just kicked me back to Settings/Account, not changing the status of my account.

So please, downgrade my account to free, delete my data (I don’t want to store it for $2) and disconnect my debit card from my LingQ account (as such an option apparently doesn’t even exist in the Settings).

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Hi @mart3s,
The reason why you were unable to downgrade is because you have more than 5 Private lessons on your account, which is above limit for Free members. You are actually way above the limit with 2000+ lessons.

Anyway, we had a notification popup telling users why they can’t downgrade, that is broken at the moment and we are familiar with it. We fixed the notification issue and fix will be on production soon.

I have just manually canceled your subscription and your account will drop to Free level after your current paid month expire. You can keep your imports too.

Hope this explains it! Sorry about the confusion.

4 Likes