Downgrade, PayPal, something's wrong

Hey Mark, I’m confused :slight_smile: - I’ve just downgraded to plus from premium, by clicking on downgrade button and then been redirected to paypal to confirm it (or at least that’s what I thought). I got two emails from paypal, one saying “you’ve cancelled the following recurring payment…79$” and the other one saying “You just set up an automatic payment…39$”, but my membership is now on FREE, not on plus ???

How I understood the "When you upgrade or downgrade, your membership level changes right away. ", I thought it’s gonna be downgraded to the level I chose (and charged for that level on the next billing date), not to FREE.

I’ll survive couple of days on FREE (my next payment date is 30th), but is this how it should work or something wrong? If I’ve clicked the “downgrade to plus” button two weeks ago, would I need to be on FREE for all that time, until the next payment?

Hi Aineko,

That is a longstanding problem with any downgrades or upgrades when you are paying with your paypal account. I have fixed your account now. We are hoping that an update in the next few days will fix this problem in the future. Sorry about that.

thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi Mark, me again. I downgraded to basic couple days before my next payment date and again, it put me straight to FREE membership. I thought that it will be OK once my payment for next month is gone through, but my 10U$ payment has now gone through and I’m still on basic :(.
maybe I should just stop using paypal and switch to credit card…

Hi Mark, me again. I downgraded to basic couple days before my next payment date and again, it put me straight to FREE membership. I thought that it will be OK once my payment for next month is gone through, but my 10U$ payment has now gone through and I’m still on FREE :(.
maybe I should just stop using paypal and switch to credit card…

sorry for double post, wrote ‘basic’ instead of ‘free’ in the first one. so, I’m still on free memb. although my payment for this month has gone through.

Hi Aineko,

Yes, I see there continue to be problems when you downgrade using your Paypal account. Undoubtedly you would have a lot fewer problems with a credit card. However, we can fix any of these problems quite easily and I have just done so for your account. It should all be working properly now. We will try to fix these upgrade/downgrade problems in Paypal but it is quite a tricky thing. Sorry about that!