Do the Challenges motivate you?

That is an interesting idea. It must be looked into.

I’m more motivated when I have high streak days.

of course, how will your personality develop later if you just give up every time

Yes, challenges motivate me a lot. It is always important for me to receive new portions of motivation that make me improve, constantly learn the language and generally feel better. On the page https://artscolumbia.org/free-essays/emotional-intelligence/ I read useful information for myself about emotional intelligence and how our motivation affects our emotional state every day.

I agree, the challenge rules should be tweaked. As they are now, they reward me for memorizing vocabulary, which I have come to see is a waste of time. I’d like a bigger reward for speaking and writing, because these take the most effort, and I need the biggest push to do them; but, they are the most valuable for me at this time. Also, it’s super annoying when someone gives themselves literally 1 million coins - for what? and stays in first place the whole 90 days. Stupid, I know, but I’m competitive by nature and this stuff motivates me. LOL.

I enjoy the challenges. The coin system does seem a little wonky, but I understand it is hard to maintain an even playing field between learners of different levels, and it’s probably better to encourage beginners. I actually love the fact that it gets harder and harder to get coins the more advanced you get (as there are less and less blue / yellow LingQs) so to maintain a high rank, the amount of input needed increases…so it encourages you to read & listen more and more than before.

As someone that has benefited greatly from the challenges I think the best way to approach them is as long term habit formation. As in not worrying about the specific rank, but striving to keep in the top 10 over months and years. Language learning takes an incredible, astonishing amount of input and time and practice, and the challenges help keep a habit of reading & listening every day and pushing yourself a bit even on off days.