Creating Lingq's

How do you add a new lingq in a passage that you already marked as a known word?
Thanks,

I don’t fully understand the question. You cannot mark a passage as known, but you can move all remaining words to known in a passage.

If you marked a word as known, or just moved it to known upon completing a passage, you can save it again. It will then be deducted from your known word total and added to the words that you are learning, your LingQs. Any word that you once LingQed and moved to status 4 or known, can be moved to any other status manually in the vocab section or on the flash cards.

I hope this helps.

You have to create the LingQs from the single words first. After that you can add LingQs from phrases.

If you have missed the first step you can go to the vocabulary page and add the words manually to the LingQ list.

Maybe I understood hammeraway’s question.
Just select a word or some words, and you can lingQ all the known or non-highlighted words anytime.

However, on Windows 2000, with an old version Firefox or IE, I have difficulty lingQing these words. Opera works quite well on WIndows 2000, but not rapid…

Just try a new version web browser on Windows XP or the other new OSs.

Thank you for your replies. When going over a lesson in the introduction I thought I had marked all of the words that I didn’t know, creating lingqs. I selected “move remaining words to known status” but then found two words that I would like to create lingqs on but it was too late. Is there a way to go back into that lesson and create lingqs for those words

@hammeraway - Sure, just highlight the words again then click on them to bring up the blue widget in the dashboard, then proceed as normal :slight_smile:

I just tried that but it said that you need to upgrade to use this feature. Is that correct? I am currently using the free version.

@hammeraway - Ah, this would probably be because you’re clicking on the Google Translate button (there’s a Google Translate logo on the button). User Hints are free to use (indicated by the Plus symbol), but the integrated Google Translate feature is only available for paying members. You can click on either a user hint or, of there are none, on “Search Dictionary” to search the dictionary. Upgrading to Basic will give you access to the integrated Google Translate hints - which is very convenient in cases where there are no existing user hints - among other things of course :slight_smile:

Thanks, that was the ticket. With my free membership would I be able to add my own translations or suggestion?

Sure, that’s exactly what you’re able to do when you click on “Search Dictionary”. I recommend taking a look at the Tutorial, found by clicking on the down arrow next to Study Resources at the top of the dashboard to get a more hands-on tutorial regarding how to use the site.