Creating LingQ bugs (minor!)

I’m writing about this not because it’s a burning issue (which is not), but just because it’s the only “problem” I’m currently experiencing with LingQ, all other things working flawlessly. So pardon me for my nitpicking :slight_smile: It’s not important at all.

When creating LingQs, there is a “phrase” field which is automatically filled with a sentence where a given word appears. Sometimes, however, it’s not filled correctly.

Normally it should look like this:
“… have some late-night work to sift through, or you might have some chores …” (with “sift through” being a lingqed phrase) OR a full sentence if the sentence is short enough.

However, sometimes it looks like this:
“have some late-night work to sift through, or you might have some chores” (no ellipsis - still, not a big issue, but somebody might be confused it’s a full sentence, so it’s not clear enough)

And sometimes the “phrase field” is only filled with “sift through”, so the lingqed phrase only. I think it happens when there are words in bold type or italics in the given sentence (or within lingqed phrase, hard to tell) or when someone tries to lingq new words or phrases after having clicked on “LingQ’d”.

Thanks for looking into this!

it’s the only “problem” I’m currently experiencing with LingQ

LUCKY YOU! =)

This does look like an issue caused by italics or bold. Fortunately, it doesn’t affect the majority of our lessons. We do plan to improve content handling issues like this in the not too distant future.