Could someone please make a proofreading for this comments?

I don’t think you should force anybody to get a subscription to this website.
When I said become a tutor, I don’t mean you get 200 points for each month when you are a tutor, that was just another suggestion. You only receive 200 points each month when a friend of yours signed up for one of the subscription plans.

It’s free for YOU to become a tutor and to provide content for others.

@Acooperator

Well, if I had to try and improve the above text, I might write something like:

"…Saudi Arabia has reinforced its security by building a barrier wall on its borders with The Yemen, which is equipped with electronic monitoring systems and has a height of 3 meters. Its aim is to prevent the infiltration of illegal immigrants into Saudi Arabia across the Red Sea. Saudi Arabia has also embarrassed Yemen by announcing the deportation of nearly 18,620 Yemenis over the past week, as means of exerting pressure and blackmail on the new government - even though Yemeni workers have formed the backbone of the Saudi economy from the mid-seventies until 1990.

Houthis spread out in Sa’ada, Al-Jawf, Hajjah and other areas adjacent to the border with Saudi Arabia are a major threat to the goals of Saudi Arabia, which is introducing the new system in order to keep its word in Yemen after the revolution - something which gave rise to the largest military manoeuvres with the United States in its history . The ostensible aim of this was to confront al-Qaeda in Yemen, while the secret aim was to boost its grip on the oil.

This gave a strong impetus to the speed of movement on the Saudi side to control the « the oil treasure» in Yemeni territory, and it also explains the political deal behind the Jeddah agreement between Saudi Arabia and the regime of the former Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh. According to the terms of the agreement in 2000 Riyadh would be satisfied in return for financial grants to Yemeni officials and to elders who stood behind the agreement. But then Huthists (supported by Tehran as an influential player in Yemeni affairs) appeared on the scene to ruin the deal.

The Yemen has the largest source of oil in the world, of which a section ( in a small area at a depth of 1800 meters) spans Saudi Arabia. The oil wells above which Yemen sits are located in some vital spots, such as the area between AL- Jawf, Marib and The Empty Quarter desert. This explains the accelerating of Saudi Arabian attempts to control these areas against Yemeni insistence without demarcating the border in these areas, and the sufficiency of demarcating of the border in the western desert. An oil expert in Yemen said the production of the AL- Jawf field, which is 5 million barrels per day, is being withdrawn in a horizontal manner to Saudi territory…"

NB
As I said in my earlier post, it’s not entirely easy to understand what this text is about. One would really need to see the original text, and to be able to understand Arabic in order to do a good job of correcting this. However, what I have written here is hopefully of some help. :wink:

(BTW do we say “Yemen” or “The Yemen”? Or maybe both? I’m not entirely sure…)

The Yemen sounds bad to me. We say the Lebanon, but I don’t know about Yemen.

I have never heard of “the Lebanon”. I have heard of “The Levant”, though. Lebanon is part of the Levant. You should just use “Yemen” without the article.

It is common though maybe not usual to use the Lebanon when speaking of the Lebanon.

I found that there is a song by The Human League called “The Lebanon” and this interesting note on Wikipedia:

The band even managed to offend [citation needed] the subjects of the song, as they used the title “The Lebanon” which is considered by the Lebanese to be the Israeli term for the country not the correct “Lebanon”.

Hmm, maybe I should stop saying ‘the Lebanon’ when discussing Lebanon.

@The band even managed to offend [citation needed] the subjects of the song, as they used the title “The Lebanon” which is considered by the Lebanese to be the Israeli term for the country not the correct “Lebanon”.@
Hmm!, I would only say there is no Israel country at all in order for Lebanese consider that ‘The Lebanon’ is the Israeli term’. All Israeli people are only just migrants from the US, UK, Russian, Franc, Canada, Germany, Spain, settling in what is now called Israel.