Copyrighted material from the BBC in the library

Again there is copyrighted material from the BBC in the library:

For all new LingQ members: Don’t upload copyrighted material. All materials from the BBC are copyrighted!

If you find material under a common creative licence make sure that

• it isn’t published in the LingQ library from another user and
  • it isn’t a non-commercial licence.

Always the best way is to ask the content owner for permission.

Use it by all means - for private study only. You can upload it to LingQ, you just can’t share it in the library.

the BBC is a great source of English materials.

It’s great content, and fun to listen to! The pronunciation of the speakers is simply great!

BUT - From http://bbc.in/iwnogY

Copyright Notice
All rights, including copyright, in the content of these BBC web pages are owned or controlled for these purposes by the BBC.

In accessing the BBC’s web pages, you agree that you may only download the content for your own personal non-commercial use. Content from BBC Learning English may also be used for educational purposes. No charge may be made for use of these materials and they may not be placed on any other website.

You are not permitted to copy, broadcast, download, store (in any medium), transmit, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the content of these BBC web pages for any other purpose whatsoever without the prior written permission of the BBC.

Thank you Vera. I have removed this content from the library and have alerted the member who shared this content that we cannot share content which we do not have permission to use.

There is again BBC-Material in the English library: http://www.lingq.com/learn/en/store/65284/

I’ve now removed these BBC lessons from the Library.

Veral, you must be a copyright judge or something!!! haha

SInce LingQ will have very little content which isn’t out-of-date because of copyright concerns, perhaps there needs to be a page for each language, with recommended sources for texts which can be added to. Perhaps a thread can be made for each language and good sources can be discussed.

@Imyirtseshem: No, I’m not a copyright judge. I respect the rules of LingQ (and the laws btw. and the rights of the original provider).

There is a list of such good sources that we could not share. Go to the import page and click on “import lesson” and you can find it on the right sidebar.

Oh, I hadn’t seen that because there aren’t any for Dutch. Thanks for pointing it out though Veral. It will come in handy when I get up to using French here.

@Imyirtseshem: if you know any learning source for Dutch, write to the LingQ support and they will add it.

Oh, I’ve only just recently moved to a pay account and the first things I added were the first 6 chapters of the first Harry Potter book 1. If I come across some stuff when I’ve either finished with those, or feel like mixing it up a bit with other content, I’ll be sure to do that Mikebond.