Confusion of the highest order

So I got this e-mail today at 7… so I have a conversation in two hours, that should be at 9, right? No, it’s at 11, the same e-mail says. Ok. So I was going about my things when I got a message at 10, it turns out the conversation was should have begun at 10, not 9, not 11. It’s the second time it happens, and it has actually already happened a third time, since the same student scheduled the next conversation at 12, and I got a notification that she requested a conversation at 13, not 12. Please check it.

Also, it’d be great if you fixed the problem with the calendar, the changes I make to my avaliability haven’t been saved, and that has really become an issue.

That’s strange. Do you have correct time zone set on your profile?

Regarding the calendar issue, our developers are looking into it and we will have it fixed soon.

Yes, it’s really strange. It’d be better if it happened every time, so it’d be predictable, but sometimes Lingq gets it right, sometimes doesn’t.

Yes, I have the right time zone and bet my students also have.

Thanks, I’ll ask our team to look into it too.

Zoran,

The problem Marcelo states above:

“Also, it’d be great if you fixed the problem with the calendar, the changes I make to my availability haven’t been saved, and that has really become an issue.”

is a problem I have been experiencing for weeks.

I am losing students because my changes to my availability are not being saved. It looks perfect when I save the changes on my end but the students still see the teacher’s unchanged availability,

When will LingQ have the problem fixed?

@Maria2 Our developers are looking into the issue now and we will push a fix as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience and sorry about any inconvenience!