Clicking on the “i” in the library takes unbelievable long for some (long) collections. For example clicking on this “i” for the EnglishLingQ podcast took me 3 Minutes and 39 seconds! A less patient person would think that the computer is frozen, and the program doesn’t work.
I’m not sure what the problem causes but have you ever considered that Java is very slow, and maybe not the select on the database and the servers are too slow. I knew that some software developers stopped using Java in business applications because of this problem.
I remember you changed that about one year ago. Earlier the library was organized in collections, and it took sometimes long to open them, but it took never so long as today!
Earlier, when we used the direct Link (English LingQ Podcast 1.0 - LingQ Language Library) a new page was opening, and we could see all the lessons by scrolling down. That was very convenient. It took maybe 10 to 20 seconds for longer collections to open it, but not longer. It was slow but okay. Very nice was to be able sorting the items of the collection by unknown words. I used this feature a lot. Now the link works again, but I see only 10 lessons at once and I have to click on each page. This is not so convenient.
The major problem is that clicking the “i” results in unbelievable long loading times. I can imagine how newcomers feel if they stumble upon this problem. I’m as an experienced user wondered what happened when I experienced this problem for the first time.
Strange. I tried it in Spanish, French and Russian, on my iPad and then on my computer. No problem. I hover on the title of the lesson, the “i” shows up, I click on it and within a few seconds or so I am in the collection list.