Cannot sign onto ilingq

I cannot sign into iLingq. It gives a “server not responding” message.

I just tried it and don’t seem to be having any problems accessing the server. Can you try it again and see if it’s working now?

Just tried it again, same message.

Our programmer said that everything should be working fine, and I’ve just tested again and found no errors. Try rebooting your iPod/iPhone to see if that solves the problem, as it appears to be an error on your end. Let us know what happens.

Just tried it again, same message.

I even went into airplane mode and logged in to the app no problem, although it obviously was not updated. But when I turn the wifi on I get the error message.

Wifi connection is fine, I can surf the 'net no problem. Anyway, I hope someone else has this problem and reports it. I understand your hands are tied if you can’t reproduce it or if there is one report only.

If worse comes to worse you can always try reinstalling the app. We will keep an eye on anything that may look out of the ordinary. Of course, if someone else has the same problem, that would be helpful, too.

reinstalled and have the same issue… anyway :slight_smile:

Is it possible it won’t load because I recently added Arabic content to the Italian slot? Perhaps it gets confused with the Arabic script? It might explain why I alone seem to be having a problem.

Anyway that’s the only thing I can think of that is different since the last time I used the app. Let me know if you want me to delete the Arabic content and try to log in.

Presumably it shouldn’t cause any problems. Can you email me the link to one of these lessons so that I can import it myself and test it out? Just send it to support (at) lingq.com