Can I edit a phrase in LingQ?

Hi, I am unable to edit an imported phrase for a word in the LingQ Dictionary. How can I do it?

1 Like

I have to admit I’m not quite sure which part you want to edit and what’s not working :thinking: :sweat_smile:

I need to edit the sentence circled by the red rectangle: ‘He takes after his father in appearance, with the same eyes and nose.’

1 Like

Short reply is no. See previous post about this:

2 Likes

Thank you for your response! :slightly_smiling_face:

I hope that the LingQ team will add the ability to edit source text, at least for imported words from CSV files.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve run into this as well and it’s a bit annoying.

I’ve imported a handful of graded readers in Chinese, which don’t have spaces between words and also use common characters for names and places. Those names and places get parsed seemingly randomly and each results in a dozen or more new “words” identified by LingQ.

This also happens with ordinary multi-character words, as well.

What I have resorted to is trying to find the one that is “real” and making a LingQ out of that, and simply telling LingQ to ignore the rest as I encounter them.

This makes it impossible to know what the real percentage of unknown words is because so many are redundant or just parsing errors.

This is annoying, but survivable once you get used to it.