Bug Report: Android app playlist loops on last entry in playlist

Hi LingQ,

First, let me say that I love this platform. I have so much more confidence in my language learning thanks both to Steve’s approach and this wonderful platform that facilitates tracking and access to great content.

Okay, bug report time.

Overview: I’ve noticed that when using the playlist on the Android app, when playback reaches the end of the last item in the playlist, it goes back and repeats that last entry, seemingly forever. This is quite annoying, as sometimes I don’t notice the playback has repeated, since the language is so new.

Expected behavior: With both looping features turn off, after finishing the last entry in the playlist, playback stops.

Actual behavior: With both looping features turned off, after finishing the last entry in the playlist, playback continues by repeating the last entry in the playlist, seemingly forever.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding the looping features, but this behavior of looping only the last playlist entry seems awkward to me, and not very useful, even if it is the intended behavior. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Environment:

• LingQ version 5.3.5 from the Google Play store
  • Google Pixel
  • Android 10
1 Like

We are familiar with the problem and we will have it fixed in the next app update.

Thank you zoran. :slight_smile:

I also just noticed a similar problem on the web version of LingQ, except that it repeats from the beginning when repeat is off, but repeats the last playlist item perpetually if repeat is on.

Should I start a separate thread for this, or is this also a known issue?

No need to create a new thread. I’ll look into it. Thanks!

Great. Thanks! Let me know if you need any more info from me. Happy to help.