[bug] removed timestamps after "remove paragraph spacing": brilliant!

When changing lines in a youtube import, I often combine the lines that are a complete sentence so the translation gets its context and the complete sentence is understandable. Also, as the default routine just adds paragraphs every line, I remove some of the paragraph spacings in order to make the lesson a bit more compact and logical. However, this morning I had the unpleasant surprise that the request “remove paragraph spacing” also removes timestamps around the previous paragraph. Some of them are set to zero, others are left as is. Probably a side effect of some change. We don’t know which changes are brought and when, just that within Lingq unintended side effects are a fact of life. Maybe that is something to look into?

Could you please repair this “feature” and update the status when it will be done?

1 Like

After editing the text, I wouldn’t trust the timestamps anyway. Click Generate Timestamps button to fix them. (unless you’ve already heavily modified the timestamps prior, in which case, those edits will go away).

1 Like

Hello @gbonnema !
Thank you for pointing this out.
This issue will be fixed.

1 Like

@ericb100 Hei Eric, thanks, but no. Removing a paragraph spacing should never lead to removed time stamps.

1 Like

Thank you. If possible, let me know when it is done. I would prefer not to try it out every day. Could you let me know?

1 Like

@gbonnema OK, I will let you know when it will be fixed.
Just in case - this bug does not affect the timestamps’ presence itself. It just causes the SHOWING of null timestamps for joined paragraphs, which come to normal after the Lesson Editor refresh.

1 Like

That is good to know. Thank you.

2 Likes

@gbonnema It is fixed already.

1 Like

Thank you. From my side it seems to work as well. I will let you know if I come across any other time stamp related problems. Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like