[bug] Audio only plays in page mode, not in sentence mode

In some cases, lingq does not play the sentence mode audio, while the page mode audio does play the same sentence. The example I have is from a private lesson called “Alexander Stubb ILn” in the course “muutama podcasti” in the sentence “Mä tuun aika epäpoliittisesta perheestä.” that plays from 30.4 to 35.0.

What happens is this:

1. If I play the audio as is with the space bar, I get all audio including the sentences not played in sentence mode
  2. If I want to play one of those sentence, the audio is not there.
    This occurs both in sentence mode and when editting the lesson.
    During editting the lesson, I can play the complete audio from the left panel or I can expand a sentence and play the respective audio. The last case however, does not work.

Summary: audio in some sentences does not work in sentence mode or in the “edit lesson” sentence play.

Let me know if you have queries. Also, please keep me updated so I know whether it will be updated and when. Also, nice to know when the bug has been confirmed.

1 Like

我也反馈了类似的问题,期待lingq团队的解决

1 Like

So Chinese has the same issue.

As a side note, does the word Lingq have Chinese symbols or is there just not enough meaning to the name in Chinese?
(Google said it was simplified Chinese, I assume that is a simplification of the writing system only, not of the language).

1 Like

lingq这个词,并没有中文,史蒂夫先生,用中文介绍这个网站的时候也是用英文读出来的

2 Likes

We will investigate the issue. Thanks for reporting.

1 Like

Hi @gbonnema !
Please, provide a link to an example lesson you are referring to.
It will help to investigate the issue.

1 Like

It is a private lesson, so I sent the link through support email. The email’s title is “Link to private lesson for Denys_B”.

P.S. I was under the impression that searching for the title of the lesson would be enough. Is that not the case? In earlier posts I got asked not to submit links to private lessons, hence only the title. There should be an easier, more direct way to indicate a specific lesson without opening it up. If so, please enlighten me.

1 Like

Did you receive the support email containing the link? If so, any progress?

1 Like

I don’t think I received that email, can you please send it over again?

1 Like

@zoran , I forwarded the email to the support desk, again.

2 Likes

@zoran I found a second example of the same situation in lesson “Login - LingQ” which is a private lesson. I will however publish in time. The error occurs at 2:17 - 2:22 for the sentence “Mistä tähän kirjaan tuli nykyaikainen keski-ikäinen nainen?”. You will hear it only play partially and even that sounds wrong. Playing the whole story, does not have this “feature”.

2 Likes

Zoran, what is the status on this one? I find more and more spots where the audio refuses to sound. Is there any progress, ie. were you able to confirm or deny the report? Feedback on this really would be nice.

1 Like

I have another example. This time I will show screenprints. The first screenprint shows both sentences where the audio is perfectly in order for the whole sentence. In the second screenprint I show only the second sentence, which appears to “run”, but I hear no audio, i.e. it is silent. The only difference is the length of the audio. In the first fragment it is the end of the audio and it works. It the second fragment, it is only the last part and sounds nothing. The sentence at issue here is “Ja vuosi oli 2023”. I hope this helps.

1 Like

I had this problem in that I noticed if I looked at the text in sentence mode I would get the AI generated voice rather than the original. When I looked at the text in edit mode there were no recordings. I solved both problems by clicking on ‘Generate Timestamps’ on the left hand side in edit mode.

1 Like

That is not a solution. The ´generate time stamps´overwrites all timestamps, not a solution. And the generated timestamps are by no means as accurate as my own.

No, the complaint remains and to date I have not noticed anything improving.

Maybe support has an update or even a ETA? I do not mean this sarcastically or cynically, I really would like this solved. ETA?

1 Like