[bug] a yt video I have been listening to, suddenly lost its audio. What is going on?

Lingq please. At least be reliable. I had been listening to the (private) lesson Login - LingQ for a while now (a few weeks) and today, the audio is gone. Could this be the result of another sweeping change in Lingq? Or some other change?

What is going on?

1 Like

I see the audio is there now. Did you re-upload it?

1 Like

No, I did not re-upload it. I did notice something else. When listening on my phone, the audio plays fine. When I open the lesson on the PC, the audio appears not to be there. The play does not work, neither in page-view (shortcut space), nor in sentence view (shortcut a, or icon).

It seems that the audio is there, but the PC does not access it. The telephone (Android) does.

EDIT: I suddenly noticed that none of my lessons have audio on the PC. Even the symbol for youtube recording does not work. I get an advice to run it on youtube. Normally, it will play in a small window.

1 Like

Youtube appears to work now, but the audio (on PC) still does not work.

1 Like

Now I found that the addon Rooster of Dan Burton does find the audio. It is just the Lingq PC app that does not find the audio. My suspicion is that there is nothing wrong with the audio, but only with LIngq’s app. Which is weird because Dan’s addon uses the LIngq API to get sound. So why can the addon reach the sound, while the regular app cannot?

1 Like

I am assuming here that no one changed anything. I may have caused the problem myself. Somehow, some new scripts appeared in NoScript. When I enabled them, I could find the audio.

I apologize for the confusion and, yes, I was a bit pissed, when it suddenly did not work anymore. Next time, I will check the scripts first.

Still, the question remains, what was the cause? Did lingq start using scripts from new sources?

1 Like

No, I am not familiar with any changes we made there.

1 Like