Back after a break

Most of you probably have no idea who I am, but I actually used to be a regular around these parts. I’ve taken a good while off languages for a number of reasons, but I think the time is finally right to get back into it.

When I met Steve in 2012 he told me some big changes were coming for LingQ. Well, he wasn’t joking. The improvements and updates are tremendous!

It seems I’m a little late for the 90 Day Challenge, but I’m going to have a bash at Korean this year, which I’ve been meaning to do for YEARS, and see what happens. The library looks increasingly encouraging now, so a big thanks to those (imani I believe is one such contributor) who have helped to improve it.

Love Steve’s new “in-field” video style (very Moses-like!), and his new diary, as well as the fact that he’s taking on Korean, too. Great stuff.

Anyway, nice to meet you all again. …Now, to get LingQing!!

3 Likes

Welcome back, Chris. I can remember, that you were a user of LingQ, because you studied German beside other languages. It’s nice that you find at least back;) Good luck with your language learning.

1 Like

Hi Chris!

Welcome back!

j:-)

1 Like

Hiya Chris, you were before my time, but welcome back! Cheers.

1 Like

Hey, Chris. I wondered where you went. Welcome back and although I know no Korean whatsoever, with a tip of the hat to Alex, 열심히 공부하시기를 바랍니다.

Hi Chris,

Of course I know you from LingQ and HTLAL, so my memory still works. Welcome back here and good luck with your language studies!

Fasulye

1 Like

Welcome back Chris. Carmen and I remember our visit to Kiwi land very fondly. Had a great time touring up north.

Let’s hope that all our stray members come back. When they do they are welcomed like prodigal sons (or daughters).

1 Like

Thanks for the roses and warm re-welcomes! Feels good to get back into the swing of things. Sometimes an extended break is just what you need to reassess things.

1 Like