Audio Transcribed, but lost the audio provided

Situation: the browser plugin would not pull in a transcription for a YouTube lesson. So, I added a jpeg for the lesson, captured the audio, added the audio, and just before I told Ling to generate the lesson from the audio, I also added a URL to YouTube video for reference. Then I clicked on the generate lesson button at the bottom of the import page as I do all the time to generate the transcript and save the audio for the lesson.

The transcription was successfully generated as was the lesson, but my audio is no longer attached to the lesson. Instead, the lesson just plays the YouTube video. What happened to the audio file I provided?

1 Like

I’ve been doing the same manual process as you to work around the current bug. Copied YouTube URL, used youtube-dl to extract the audio, imported using Audio Transcribe, and added the YouTube URL to the video reference, but I didn’t click Regenerate Lesson. The transcript should be there from the audio, the YouTube plays fine and in sync with the transcript, and the audio file is still saved in the lesson. I guess try not clicking Regenerate Lesson and see what happens. Good luck

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, but I never hit regenerate.

1 Like

Taking the time to make edits is, in my opinion, contrary to the concept of the app.

Okay, I just imported another video just now and the manual process still works fine. After you paste the youtube URL, Click Add. And, on the top right, click View Lesson. The Youtube and transcript are in sync and the audio file is still saved. There are two play buttons on the bottom left, play audio and play video.

1 Like

I agree with you. I’ve only been using Lingq for about a week and have been finding all sorts of workarounds to get it to work the way I want. I’m still evaluating whether this app is useful for me and giving till the end of my monthly subscription period to decide whether I want to keep it.

4 Likes

Not sure if this is related but I have just tried to upload an audio file of 3’ and I can’t do it. Never had a problem before, there may be some problem with audio files in these days.

Lately YouTube links seem to never or very rarely import automatically from a URL. This used to work almost all the time. And I verify there is a transcript, and it’s Russian.

1 Like