App Updates Up Until May 2024

Back to the transcription: I recorded a long discussion from RTHK. First extracted 16 minutes and Whisper did a reasonable job. Then the second 15 minutes, produced the same text over and over, The I tried the first 26 minutes as there was a natural break with music. The first 700+ paragraphs came out as “趙 立堅 議員” repeatedly then it started producing reasonable output. However from 26 minutes for about an hour was fine.

It’s a bit unpredictable as to whether it will work or not. Any ideas?

1 Like

Hey, Afrikaans has been really difficult and tedious To use until recently. The available translations were really limited but now they seem to have massively increased out of nowhere! I did add a few thousand definitions of my own. But it seemed rather redundant. The addition of Majstro as a dictionary has really helped! Is there anything I can do to help improve this process even more?

https://www.wordhippo.com/ Has been a good aid to me maybe it could be added? However Majstro doesn’t autopopulate suggestions idk if y’all Are working on tjat.

1 Like

Hi - the edit issue was fixed but they broke it again in last night’s update. Now the edits don’t appear in the reader view even if you exit and restart the app. There seems to be no work around for this.

The translation lookup for new words is also broken and coins not updating on Android.

1 Like

I too am seeing coins/Lings not updating via the Android app. This must have started some time today since I was able to do my daily Belarusian while just now I can’t do anything with Ukrainian/Vietnamese. I was able to practice on my laptop but I usually do all this via the app.

1 Like

Please fix it…

1 Like

Could you be more specific? What needs fixing?

1 Like

Is there any additional info you can provide about the editing issue?

We tested and believe the bug has been fixed.

1 Like

It seems that the Android app is completely disconnected. I still see the coin count from several days ago.

1 Like

If you have version 5.5.55, you need to uninstall it and then install the previous version 5.5.54. There was an issue with that last release and its release was halted but not before some users had it installed. You should see the option to install a previous version shortly after uninstalling this last one. Sorry about that.

2 Likes

Thanks. Uninstalling and reinstalling worked!

Any idea about the speaking test? It hears English rather than Cantonese.

1 Like