Any news on Vietnamese mini stories?

Great point! I think the problem is not the working speed at LingQ (they should take the time necessary for the things they want to do) but the communication with the paying community. Make a clear feasible plan and then tell your users when exactly you will release 5.0 on the different platforms and when new languages will be released. The “Coming Languages / Incubator” site is a great idea!

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for the Vietnamese stories and checking back here occasionally since I started learning in June 2020. I’m almost to B2 already, so I guess I don’t even need them any more :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Hi Gina,

Unfortunately we had some difficulty sourcing high-quality Vietnamese Mini Stories. Since we don’t want to start a new language unless we are confident our users will benefit from them, we delayed the rollout of that language a bit. We are doing our best to bring it to Beta - If you know someone who could help us with that, we would absolutely be glad to speak with them!

North

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. There are several posts from more than a year ago saying you had enough stories to launch Vietnamese, and if I had known before now, I would have been happy to spend some of my own money to commission my Vietnamese teachers’ company to submit some stories. Now that I’m kind of past the point where they would be helpful for me, I’m not inclined to spend my own money on it. If LingQ wants to pay for good quality content, please feel free to reach out to YourVietnameseTutor.com. You can tell them I sent you :slight_smile:

Just to add some info about YourVietnameseTutor.com: Quyên, the founder, was Moses McCormick’s Vietnamese teacher for 2 years, and appears with him and almost a dozen of his other teachers in a livestream shortly before he passed. She is speaking at this year’s Women in Language conference and is also a university professor, in addition to running her company, and released both a pronunciation course and an intermediate listening course that started as a podcast (available everywhere). She posts on all social media under YourVietnameseTutor (YouTube, Instagram, TikTok) including a recent series of Slow, Short Stories in Vietnamese. The teachers that work for her are excellent as well. I may be biased, but I don’t think there is anyone else creating as much high-quality Northern Vietnamese learning content as she is right now.

1 Like

Just here to poke about Vietnamese lol Hopefully it’ll be added soon! I want to practice with my husband and in-laws.

1 Like

Many of us also want to study Vietnamese :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really need Vietnamese!

1 Like

I too still want to see Vietnamese on here. That would be super cool.

1 Like

Hey guys, I’m working with some Vietnamese people to get Mini Stories re-recorded. I lived in Vietnam for 3 years and also want to get Vietnamese up on LingQ. Please be patient :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yay! That’s exciting. So happy to hear :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

That is good to hear, is there any time frame for this? I am learning Vietnamese currently and would love to be able to use LingQ for it as it has helped a lot in other languages I’ve learned.

1 Like

I think we’ll need to find more volunteers to record the stories. Because the person I found is having trouble finding a place to record quality audio. The big cities in Vietnam are very loud.

1 Like

Maybe relying on volunteers is the issue. I’m pretty sure I could get someone in Hanoi to record them in a quiet place for a nominal rate.

2 Likes

I’d be willing to donate toward this cause. Anyone else want to set up a fund?

1 Like

I would also be happy to donate to this. I feel if lingq would give more information about progress of different languages, people in the community would be able to do more to help get languages added quicker. Such as donating money for recordings/translations or finding volunteers.

2 Likes

I’m also willing to donate for recording vietnamese mini stories

2 Likes

I absolutely would not donate towards this. Somebody has already gone to huge efforts to get the stories translated and recorded, only for them now to be deemed not good enough. The system for getting new languages set up here is just not transparent enough for me to spend any additional money on.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing! I’d donate to this since we as users have been waiting for checks watch literal years for this to be added. I’d happily pay someone for their time and efforts. Just wondering the best way to go about it.

1 Like

The day vietnamese gets added, i will cry tears of joy.

1 Like

Me, too.

1 Like