"A Plague Tale: Innocence" Game Recommendation for Language learners!

If anyone is interested, this is a really fun game that takes place in France. All the voices are in French, German, or English. And subtitles are available. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsBGSzUqiJA

5 Likes

Seems a really great way to immerse yourself in language! Is understanding what is said integral to doing well with the game?

Wonder if I can find games with Polish speech?

Polish speech with English subs with a game where understanding the language is crucial to progressing in the game would be awesome I would think.

Steam lets you search by language. I filtered this list for Polish:

You will have to look at individual games as this can mean it is subtitled, has full audio, or interface in the language. Polish in my observation is pretty common.

2 Likes

witcher is adapted from the writing of a Polish writer apparently. And skyrim is in Polish. Might take a look. Not sure if these games would be good for language learning but an interactive type experience where understanding appropriate language is core to game play would be really cool!

Link to refold discord Polish channel where I also discussed this:

Not only is Witcher adapted from a Polish series, the game is made by a Polish studio in Poland. I played The Witcher 3 entirely with Polish voices (and English subtitles).

1 Like

jej, super! thanks for letting me know!