A Month with LingQ and Norwegian, a report

I am not Jack, but imo Norwegian Youtube is pretty sparse. Most of the things I end up watching are like Sara Høydahl, Mikal, Mina Jacobsen, which are more or less “bloggers”. I find nrk tv much better for video content.

German on the other hand is entirely different. Terra X, mrWissen2Go, ZDFheute Nachrichten, Der Spiegel, etc. etc.

Sweet thank you!

Keep up the journey you are doing great!

I am almost 2 months into LingQ and I have gathered many words but many of those words are cognates or have a Latin base with prefixes and suffixes that I understand. Reading is much easier for me that talking alone because I have always been an avid reader at about 4 books a months.

This month I am focusing on speaking 6 times a week for at least 25 minutes with a Beepboop instructor. These are small group classes for Spanish and I can join as many time a day! I now really focusing on being able to have a variety of conversations outside of cooking, yard work, or gardening.

Thanks Mark! One of the mistakes I made with Spanish was to read a lot and not listen very much so my listening ability lagged behind for a long time. So with Norwegian I tried to make sure I did both listening and reading everyday from the beginning.

Like nosialisrex said, there isn’t much content in Norwegian on youtube or at least I haven’t been able to find anything that really interests me. All of my listening has come from NRK TV and audiobooks.

Also, I made sure to add all of the listening I did outside of lingq because I wanted to keep track of how much total listening it would take until I was really comfortable.