90% listening ain´t enough

It´s hard to give an exact estimate but I usually understand 90-100% percent of what they say in videos, documentaries, podcasts and whatnot. It´s just that real-life is a bit more difficult because of tons of factors. Another thing is that not getting something when listening to media is usually not an issue and I might even notice it while 90ä100% comprehension in a conversation can cause awkwardness and misunderstandings, especially when you add the fact that communication can be tricky for other reasons than imperfect language ability.

I think I either did a bad job at describing my experience or maybe spme people can´t relate coz they haven´t had the same experiences in the same circumstances or maybe it´s both^^

While 90% is the minimum for Comprehensible Input, 98% is the minimum for Extensive Reading where you can understand it without needing to look up words in the dictionary. So, 98% would also be the minimum for a conversation, but even 98% may not be good enough in some cases.

Another important factor is being able to put it all together in real time. I can read something in Italian where I understand ALL of the words, but I do not always put it together right and so I still misunderstand it.

Would you mind sharing exactly what exercises or routines you go through for Listening comprehension ?